Rosalind Ugwu has been appointed to manage the BEO whilst a permanent replacement for Michael Bennet is sourced.
For the past seven months the Leaseholder Service Charge Working Party has been meeting with City Officers to get a fuller understanding as to how the BEO operates and identified key issues meriting a full independent review.
Rosalind will be focusing on these key issues, as well as overseeing the work of the BEO. They include:
- The independent review of the structure and performance of the BEO (in conjunction with residents’ representatives).
- Working with residents and their elected representatives on matters relating to the Barbican Estate.
- Review of processes and procedures within the BEO (including appraisals, one-to-ones, training and development, absence management, performance management and reporting, reviewing and updating Job Descriptions). Some of this will, of course, link into the independent review above.
- Proposals around cost savings and the wider financial position with the Barbican car parks (including resident consultation and liaison).
- Customer service provision, customer satisfaction, complaints and estate surveys.
- Staff morale.
We welcome Rosalind to her new role and the City’s commitment to work with the Residents’ Consultative Committee through the Leaseholder Service Charge Working Party on these issues.
Adam Hogg Chairman Barbican Association
Christopher Makin Chair Residents’ Consultative Committee